Clifton W. Homesley, with nearly 30 years of experience as a practicing attorney, was born March 25, 1960 in Bremerhaven, West Germany where his father was serving as a Captain in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the United States Army.
Cliff moved to Mooresville in 1962 and has resided here ever since except during his college and law school education. Cliff has represented his clients before all levels of state court in North Carolina including the North Carolina Court of Appeals and North Carolina Supreme Court. He has appeared before the Federal Court of the Western District of North Carolina.
Cliff concentrates his practice in the areas of business litigation, estate planning and administration, commercial transactions and contract drafting and negotiation. He has special knowledge of the motorsports industry (NASCAR), which thrives in the Lake Norman area, and has represented a number of prominent individuals and teams in that industry. Cliff is qualified to practice in the area of trademark registration and litigation as well.
Cliff has presented at numerous continuing education legal seminars on topics such as family law, contracts, litigation, law practice management and substance abuse. In April 2011, Cliff was on a panel at The Racing Attorneys Conference in Indianapolis, presenting on the subject of orders of attachment. In 2012, at the The Racing Attorneys Conference in Charlotte, Cliff sat on a panel with Cary Agajanian, Richard Farley and Tim Frost and presented his comments on driver/owner contracts. In April of 2012, Cliff presented a seminar on orders of attachment to the annual statewide meeting of Legal Support Staff of North Carolina, Inc.
Cliff attended the Mooresville Graded School District and graduated from Mooresville Senior High School in 1978. He was the Student Body President and received the Outstanding Teenager Award from the Mooresville Jaycees.
Cliff graduated in 1982 from UNC-Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler School of Business with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. After graduation he worked in a Management Training program for J.P. Stevens Textiles. Cliff also worked construction for Port City Electric during breaks from his schooling. He left J.P. Stevens to study law and graduated from Campbell University School of Law in 1986.
Cliff is married to Fariba and they have four children. In 2002, Fariba was named a "Hero of Democracy" by The Charlotte Observer for her work in uncovering misappropriation of funds by the Town's previous library director.
Cliff formed the firm as Managing Partner after leaving another local law firm where he had been for sixteen years.
Cliff, like the other attorneys and employees of the firm, has been very
active in the community and the bar. Some examples of his past and present
involvement are as follows:
• Friends of the Library - incorporator and former board member
• Mooresville Jaycees: Distinguished Service Award winner, President, Chairman of Christmas Parade, Project of the Year
• Lake Norman YMCA: Board of Directors
• Mooresville Downtown Commission: Past Board Member and Chairman
• South Iredell Chapter of the American Red Cross: Past Board Member and Chairman
• Iredell Concert Association: Past Board Member
• Mooresville Community Basketball League: Co-Founder
• 22d District Bar Association: Past President
• Iredell County Bar Association: Past President
• Law Practice Management Section of the North Carolina Bar Association: 2002 President, Past Council Member
• Local Board of Directors for Wells Fargo: Current Board Member
• Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
• Member, North Carolina Bar Association
• Past Member, Federal Magistrate's Selection Committee for the Western District of North Carolina (Charlotte and Asheville)
• 2013- Present Board Member, Kyle Busch Foundation
• North Carolina, 1986
• Western District of North Carolina
• U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
• Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, NC, 1986 J.D.
• University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler School of Business 1982 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration